Dr. Mehrdad Toosi takes time to listen to every patient and understand their goals. He explains the complexities of heart failure in terms that are easy to understand. That way, patients understand their cardiovascular challenges and the plan of care
for improved health and overall quality of life.
Dr. Toosi is a board-certified cardiologist in cardiovascular disease, advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology, nuclear cardiology, echocardiography, cardiovascular computed tomography and internal medicine. His particular areas of interest are
in advanced heart failure and ventricular assist devices, cardiac amyloidosis and cardio-oncology. In his free time, Dr. Toosi enjoys outdoor activities like hiking and gardening and spending time with his family.
- Advanced Heart Failure/Transplant
Training & Affiliations
- Doctor of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medicine Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
- Residency, Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
- Fellowship, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, Cardiovascular Diseases and Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Member, Heart Failure Society of America
- Member, American Medical Association
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. Mehrdad Toosi's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory